Fortnightly Thursday 9:30am - 4:30pm
What You Learn
How to adjust and set the grinder
How to texture milk consistently and process espresso coffee orders
Where coffee beans are grown, how they are harvested, processed and selected for roasting and blending.
What You Get
Detailed resource book
Certificate of Participation
Practical espresso making experience
Materials to Bring
It is recommended that participants wear soft soled flat, enclosed, shoes and clean comfortable clothing. Long hair should be tied up.
This is an advanced course and students must have industry experience or have completed ABC of Espresso Making as a pre-requisite. This course covers the advanced skills and knowledge needed to prepare and serve espresso coffee, including:
- factors that effect the extraction rate of espresso
- setting and adjusting the coffee grinder
- advanced milk texturing
- advanced coffee menu and order processing
- the coffee industry, including coffee cultivation and processing, roasting and blending
- taste and analysis of a range of single origin coffees.