Please refer to the dates tab above.
What You Learn
Ability to identify glassware, cutlery and table settings correctly as per the style of service
Finesse food and drink carrying skills.
The confidence and skills in wine opening and knowing pouring levels.
What You Get
Practical skills necessary to prepare youself to work in the ever-growing Hospitality industry.
Certificate of Participation on the day
Materials to Bring
Photo Identification (ie. drivers license, passport, etc).
It is recommended that participants wear soft soled flat, enclosed, shoes and clean comfortable clothing. Long hair should be tied up.
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain valuable skills for use in the hospitality industry and suitable for job seekers. It is designed to instruct participants on the fundamentals of customer service within the food and beverage industry, enabling employees to deliver a superior, dining experience increasing customer satisfaction and encouraging pride in the workplace
The aim of the course is to:-
- To implement a high level of consistent service.
- To feel a greater sense of self achievement.
- To identify glassware, cutlery and table settings as per the style of service.
- To finesse food and drink carrying skills.
- To have confidence in wine opening and know pouring levels.
- To be familiar with front of house operations.
- To have awareness of different customer attitudes.
- To learn to have both teamwork and workplace respect.
The course covers various roles within a restaurant, bar or other hospitality environment. Participants will be guided through various skills including:-
- Dining room preparation, mise en place
- Knowledge of types of menus
- Table settings with correctness.
- Plate carrying with style.
- Wine opening, pouring & drink tray service.
- Napkin folding.
- Restaurant order of service.
- What customers expect.
On completion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation for Basic Food and Beverage Service.