9:00 am - 3.30 pm
Duration Include half an hour lunch break.
Please Note: If you feel unwell, please stay and home and contact us immediately to reschedule your class.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you successfully enrolled, you will receive login details that give you access to SITHFAB021- Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol -manual book and some other Doc which will be viewed in class, it is highly recommended to pre-read RSA manual book.
Reading beforehand helps you to understand the material and gives you a prior understanding of the course materials during the class, you can focus your attention on filling gaps in your understanding by paying more attention during some parts of the lecture and by asking questions.
A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course; if not, you will be required to organise a NATTI interpreter to be present in the class to translate; please advise prior to the class if you are bringing an interpreter.
What You Learn
* Skills and Knowledge necessary to contribute a safe, enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
* An understanding of alcohol, liquor laws and your responsibilities as a server.
* Best practice strategies for responsible service, harm minimisation and duty of care.
What You Get
* Upon successful completion of the RSA training, you will receive your Official LCV RSA Certificate (PDF) , will be emailed to your email address on Next Business Day.
* Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment; SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol, within 2-4 weeks.
* Employment Skills
* To Get the LCV (Liquor Control Victoria) RSA Certificate, student has to be at least 15 years old.
* Students are not able to use the LCV RSA Certificate unless they turn the legal age of 18 years old.
Materials to Bring
Photo Identification (ie..driver's license, passport, etc).
Creat and Provide your USI number: http://www.usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Please Note: the name you applied for this course is the name that will be printed on the certificate, which should be identical to the name you entered for your USI registration.
* Neat Casual
This course applies to any staff working where alcohol is sold or served, including all types of hospitality, tourism and events venues, packaged liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
RSA training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences.
RSA training includes classroom delivery, student involvement in group activities, customer service practice (role plays) .
This face to face training covers how to recognise and professionally deal with intoxicated customers and underage persons, creation of safe and social atmospheres at venues and an understanding of liquor licensing requirements of staff, enabling course participants to be industry ready and confident.
Upon successful completion of the RSA training, you will receive your LCV branded certificate via email the following business day and your nationally recognised statement of attainment "SITHFAB021 – Provide responsible service of alcohol" will be processed within two weeks.
- Assessment comprises a mix of active participation, practical demonstrations, and completion of written questions.
- Knowledge questions x 23–100% pass rate. This is an open book assessment and requires the participant to correctly answer 23 questions.
- Please note; this task will be assessed in class and the above preparation will assist in your successful completion
- LCV RSA Questions X 20 – 70% Pass rate (this test will be provided and completed during the class on the day).
On successful completion of the RSA training, you will receive your LCV branded Certificate on the next business day then your nationally recognised statement of attainment "SITHFAB021 – Provide responsible service of alcohol".
The LCV RSA certificate is valid for three years, then you need to complete an online RSA refresher course every 3 years and before the expiry date.