One day 9:00am - 5:00pm
What You Learn
· Fundamental understanding of how to make gelato.
· Hygiene and behaviour in laboratory and best use of gelato set equipment.
· Milk based flavours, sorbetto and gelato with inclusions and variegations.
What You Get
· Hands on training.
· Booklet & Uniform.
· Certificate of attendance.
Materials to Bring
Participants are requested to wear flat, enclosed, rubber soled shoes for comfort and safety in the kitchens. To ensure food safety procedures are followed, long hair should be tied back and all unnecessary jewellery removed.
The Artisan Gelato, Introductory Course is designed for those who wish to learn the basics of gelato making and gain a better understanding of the gelato industry. Following Italian traditional techniques in artisan gelato making, the course is developed in accordance with market demand that requires future entrepreneurs to have key competences and skills to be successful in a gelato business.
This one day course is also beneficial to those who are currently in the gelato industry and need to increase their competences or need to train staff members. Each session is limited to a small group of participants to ensure some hands-on experience.
You will learn about:
- What is gelato?
- Raw materials
- Recipe formulation
- Milk-based gelato and water-based sorbetto flavours
- Gelato with inclusions and variegations
- Hygiene and behaviour in laboratory
- Best use of gelato set equipment: how to maximize your investment.
This course is presented by Majors Group and held at William Angliss Institute.