Once the online course has been purchased, you will be emailed a Login details (Link + Username + password) to give you the access to the course training materials.
Zoom invitation: A day before the course commencement date, you will receive a Zoom invitation (Zooming link + Meeting ID + Password) to join the session on the day via Zoom.
Learning Materials Instructions:
Prior to the training session, please download and save all these training resources to your desk top, or you may print them off.
- LFS Workbook.
- Licensee’s First step fact sheets
- Licensee’s First Step Self-paced Guide, to download the guide that is approprite to your type of liquour license.
Please note: A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course.
What You Learn
Best practice in managing licensed premises.
The legislative environment for liquor licensees.
Understanding your liquor licence.
What You Get
A Certificate of Completion (emailed soft copy and hard copy posted)
The knowledge of Liquor and Gambling Legislation Amendment Act 2018 (the LGLA Act).
Materials to Bring
- You will be provided, and instructed, to download training resources prior to the course.
- Please note a Photo Identification to be shown - you will need to show your photo identification (drivers licence, passport, Keypass, proof of age card, etc.), as per VCGLR requirements. Please have ID ready to hold up.
- Note pad and pen.
William Angliss Institute is approved to deliver Victoria’s Licensee's First Step/New Entrant Training (LFS) by interactive video chat or virtual classroom technology for the duration of the Victorian Declared State of Emergency for coronavirus (COVID-19). This amendment to the approved delivery method aims to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students, industry compliance and support for businesses impacted by the coronavirus. Course content and maximum class size are not affected by this amendment to delivery method.
- To enrol in Licensee’s First Step online learning, via Zoom please note you will need the following:
- The trainer needs to have visual and audio confirmation of your presence in the course; it requires two way oral and visual communication between students and the trainer.
- As per the VCGLR requirements, it is a pre-requisite for you to be seen and heard, so you will need a working camera and a microphone on your device; (lap top, PC, or tablet).
- Video capability enables you to be observed by the trainer, undertaking assessments (as per VCGLR requirements).
- The microphone capability is needed as the trainer may ask you questions, and will be seeking your verbal/ spoken responses (as per VCGLR requirements). Please address these microphone and a camera requirements by testing your devices prior to joining the training session. We appreciate punctuality.
- Please be ready to join a session 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled start time, to allow yourself to check your equipment and relax.
- The online LFS runs for 6 hours. You will need 6 hours stable, unlimited, continuous internet access.
- Suitable equipment for a course of this duration; a mobile phone is not recommended, as this type of training drains a lot of power on your phone.
Topic and purpose;
Most new liquor licence applicants are required to complete Licensees' First Step (New Entrant Training), a Full day course. Liquor Licence applicants who have not completed the RSA course will be required to attend the RSA course as well as the Licensees' First Step training.
The aim of Licensees' First Step is to provide an overview of Victorian liquor licensing laws and associated issues. This will enable licensees to comply with their legal obligations and contribute to minimising alcohol-related harm in the community
The course content includes:
- Purpose of Victoria's liquor laws
- Role of the regulatory authorities
- Understanding / interpreting liquor licence requirements
- Common offences
- Managing best practice
- Licensee forums and accords
You will completed the assessment quiz online through the resource platform.
***Please note that due to current government guidelines certificates will not be printed until the campus re-opens**
Upon the successful completion of the Licensee`s First Step training (via zoom), you will be emailed a confirmation letter of completion including a certificate number.
As per VCGLR requirements, a hard copy version of the LFS certificate and a hard copy of LFS workbook will be posted to your postal address once the campus re-open.
We look forward to seeing you online.