10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Includes a half an hour lunch break
What You Learn
Skills and knowledge necessary to contribute a safe and enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
An understanding of the Victorian liquor industry , benefits of responsible service, underage, packaged liquor, functions and dealing with problem patrons
Best practice strategies for responsible service, harm minimisation and duty of care and your legal responsibilities
What You Get
Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Official VCGLR RSA Certificate (PDF) via email by next business day
Materials to Bring
Photo identification to be shown (i.e. driver's license, passport, Keypass, Proof of Age card, etc)
Note pad and pen for notetaking
The VCGLR branded RSA certificate is the only certificate recognised by the VCGLR.
This course applies to any staff in Victoria working where alcohol is sold or served, including all types of hospitality, tourism and events venues. packaged liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
This training is via Zoom and covers the following:
- how to recognise and professionally deal with intoxicated customers and underage persons
- creation of safe and social atmospheres' at venues
- an understanding of liquor licensing requirements of staff enabling course participants to be industry ready and confident
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell of serve alcohol, and covers RSA skill and knowledge requirements common across Australia. In some cases after completion of this unit, some jurisdictions liquor authorities require candidates to complete a bridging course to address the specific differences between states and territories.
RSA Training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licenses.
You will be assessed on:
- active participation
- role play
- demonstration -you are expected to demonstrate, measure and pour, standard drinks or samples according to industry requirements; this can be completed via Zoom or video submission of demonstration
- answering questions online
Please download and save all these training resources to your desk top, or you may print them off
- how to use the RSA workbook (instructions)
- RSA workbook
- SITHFAB002 training manual
- breaches under the Liquor Control Reform Act factsheet
- responsible liquor advertising and promotions factsheet
- role play (x3)
Please note; from 1st of July 2021 the only recognised RSA course in Victoria will be the nationally accredited RSA training course SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol.
The VCGLR RSA certificate is valid for three years.