9:00 am - 3.30 pm
Duration Include half an hour lunch break.
Please Note: If you feel unwell, please stay and home and contact us immediately to reschedule your class.
IMPORTANT : Once you successfully enrolled, you will receive login details that give you access to SITHFAB002- Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol -manual book to pre-read, and Assessment 1 Questions -Task 2 - Knowledge Questions to complete prior to the course commencement date.
A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course; if not, you will require an NATTI interpreter to be present in the class. You will need to advise prior to the course will occur.
What You Learn
* Best practice strategies for responsible service, harm minimisation and duty of care.
* An understanding of alcohol, liquor laws and your responsibilities as a server.
* Skills and Knowledge necessary to contribute a safe, enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
What You Get
* Upon successful completion of the RSA training, you will receive your Offcial VGCCC RSA Certificate (PDF) , will be emailed to your email address on Next Business Day.
* Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment; SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol, within 2-4 weeks.
* Employment Skills
· To Get the VGCCC RSA Certificate, student has to be at least 15 Years old.
· Students are not able to use the VGCCC RSA until they are age of 18th year old.
Materials to Bring
Photo Identification (ie..driver's license, passport, etc).
* Neat Casual
This course applies to any staff working where alcohol is sold or served, including all types of hospitality, tourism and events venues, packaged liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
RSA training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences.
RSA training includes classroom delivery, student involvement in group activities, customer service practice (role plays) and bar beverage service.
This face to face training covers how to recognise and professionally deal with intoxicated customers and underage persons, creation of safe and social atmospheres at venues and an understanding of liquor licensing requirements of staff, enabling course participants to be industry ready and confident.
Upon successful completion of the RSA training, you will receive your VGCCC branded certificate via email the following business day and your nationally recognised statement of attainment "SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol" will be processed within two weeks.
- Assessment comprises a mix of active participation, practical demonstrations, and completion of written questions.
- Knowledge questions x 23–100% pass rate. This is an open book assessment and requires the participant to correctly answer 23 questions. We strongly recommend all participants pre-read the SITFAB002 - Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (accessible once enrolment has been completed) and prepare the answers prior to your course commencement date.
- Please note; this task will be assessed in class and the above preparation will assist in your successful completion
- VGCCC RSA Questions X 20 – 70% Pass rate (this test will be provided and completed during the class on the day).
On successful completion of the RSA training, you will receive your VGCCC branded Certificate on the next business day then your nationally recognised statement of attainment "SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol".
On 1 January 2022, Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulations (VCGLR) transitioned to The Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission (VGCCC).
All liquor-related forms remain valid until further notice. The VGCCC retains all the powers and responsibilities of the former VCGLR until liquor regulation transfers to the Department of Justice and Community Safety later in the year.
Email addresses and phone numbers are unchanged.
The VGCCC RSA certificate is valid for three years, then you need to complete an online RSA refresher course every 3 years and before the expiry date.