9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Duration Include half an hour lunch break.
A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course.
What You Learn
* Best practice strategies for responsible service, harm minimisation and duty of care.
* An understanding of alcohol, liquor laws and your responsibilities as a server.
* Skills and Knowledge necessary to contribute a safe, enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
What You Get
* Official VCGLR Victorian RSA Certificate (PDF) - on the day.
* Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment; SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol.
* Employment Skills
Materials to Bring
Photo Identification (ie..driver's license, passport, etc).
* Neat Casual
This course applies to any staff working where alcohol is sold or served, including all types of hospitality, tourism and events venues, packaged liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
RSA training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences.
RSA training includes classroom delivery, student involvement in group activities, customer service practice (role plays) and bar beverage service.
Please note delivery for RSA has been updated; from 1 July 2021 the only recognised RSA course in Victoria will be the nationally accredited RSA training course "SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol".
The VCGLR branded certificate continues to be the only certificate recognised by the VCGLR as evidence of completing RSA in Victoria.
Participants will also receive a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the course.
This face to face training covers how to recognise and professionally deal with intoxicated customers and underage persons, creation of safe and social atmospheres at venues and an understanding of liquor licensing requirements of staff, enabling course participants to be industry ready and confident.
Assessment comprises a mix of active participation, practical demonstrations, and completion of written questions.