This interactive and engaging online course would benefit all staff involved in food businesses or food handling. The program focuses on raising awareness of the complexities associated with food allergens. Currently there is no cure for food allergy so avoidance is the only prevention.
During this program you will learn about:
- Food allergies and intolerances
- The top nine allergy causing foods
- Cross contamination and contamination risks to consider
- Customers with allergies – what to do, food preparation
- Key messages for the food services sector
- Statutory requirements and mandatory labelling
- Some useful sources of information.
Whilst the program is intended to educate you in industry best practices and identifying and managing food allergies, you need to apply your own skills, knowledge and experiences to identify additional risks.
Once you have purchased the online course, you will receive an email confirmation with your Username and Password to access the online Learning Management System in order to undertake the course.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion.