The Food & Beverage Essentials online course is comprised of 5 nationally recognised units of competency (SITHFAB002 – Responsible service of alcohol, SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety, SITHFAB001 – Clean and tidy bar areas, SITHFAB003 – Operate a bar, SITHFAB014 – Provide table service of food and beverage), and covers:
- The performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol;
- What is required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses;
- What is required to clean bars and public areas, clear and clean glasses, and safely dispose of waste;
- Preparing a bar for service, taking drink orders, preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and closing the bar down; and,
- High order service techniques to prepare the restaurant for the service period, provide food and beverage advice to customers, serve and clear food and beverages, and complete end of service tasks.
Once the online course has been purchased, participants will be emailed an Enrolment Form. This Enrolment Form and all associated information contained within it must be completed. All information that is supplied is used for Government reporting purposes only as the purchased Short Course is made up of nationally accredited units.
Once all required paperwork is returned, you will be contacted by your Trainer and emailed a Username and Password to access the online Learning Management System in order to undertake your course.
Participants will have 3 months from the enrolment date online to complete the two units and upon successful completion of the online course, will receive a William Angliss statement of attainment.
PLEASE NOTE: The creation of user accounts is a manual operation and therefore takes place Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
IMPORTANT: Although, on completion, you will receive a competency in nationally accredited units – please be aware that NSW and VIC have different legislative and licencing requirements in regards to RSA. Please contact us to see if this course is right for you.