DEAR CUSTOMER. PLEASE NOTE AS OF DECEMBER 21ST 2016, WE WILL BE ON SHUT DOWN FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. AS A RESULT THERE WILL NOT BE STAFF AVAILBLE TO ASSIST WITH ENQUIRIES OR TO PROCESS ORDERS OR COMPLETIONS UNTIL JAN 4TH 2017. INTERIM CERTIFICATES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED DURING THE SHUTDOWN PERIOD. DURING THE PERIOD OF JAN 4TH THRU TO 17TH 2017, LIMITED ASSISTANCE FOR PARTICIPANTS WILL BE AVAILABLE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS TIME.
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training is endorsed by L&GNSW formally the Office of Liquor and Gaming NSW (OLGR).
The Responsible Service of Alcohol course is part of the NSW Government’s ongoing commitment to the implementation of responsible drinking practices. This accredited program has been developed to meet identified needs of industry stakeholders and the community across NSW as well as addressing the required learning outcomes within liquor and licensing.
If you wish to obtain employment in the sale of liquor or you have employees involved in the sale of liquor, you are required to complete the RSA. The course involves learning about better business practices, legalities & responsibilities, facts about alcohol, monitoring the premises and improving the atmosphere.
On completion of the course, you will receive an interim certificate, allowing you to serve alcohol across NSW (except within the Kings Cross Precinct in Sydney. You must have a competency card to work there) for 90 days until you receive your official competency card. With this interim certificate you will be able to apply for a permanent RSA competency card.
Once you have received your interim certificate you are then able to complete the assessment to receive the Statement of Attainment for the National Unit of Competency SITHFAB201 - Provide responsible service of alcohol.
Important Information – although this course is aligned to a nationally accredited unit, it may not be accepted in certain state/ territories. It is advisable to contact the appropriate Government department if moving interstate.
Please note: A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course. Please note that personal information on our enrolment form captures data that is required to create your competency card. As such please be aware that this is used and shared with L&GNSW formally the Office of Liquor and Gaming NSW
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO RENEW YOUR COMPETENCY CARD PLEASE GO THIS LINK L&GNSW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
1. A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course
2. Trainers & Assessors are available to provide assistance to RSA Online students by calling 02 9125 5111 Monday to Thursday from 9:00am -5:00pm and for all general enquires between 9am and 9pm. On Fridays the times are 9:00am -5:00pm.
3. You are required to create a USI number http://www.usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx (Original version of Driver’s license, passport, etc this must be the same ID used to create the USI)
4. The creation of user accounts to access the RSA online is a manual operation and therefore takes place during office hours only. In most cases you should allow 24-48hrs for this process to complete. If you require access sooner, please call 02 9125 5111 and request your access be created. An email will be sent once your username access has been created.
5. You have 4 weeks from the date of your account being created to complete your course work. After this time your account will be suspended and you will need to re-enrol into the course again. You may access your course as many times as needed during your enrolment period.
6. Please note that personal information on our enrolment form captures data that is required to create your competency card. As such please be aware that this is used and shared with L&GNSW the Office of Liquor and Gaming formally (OLGR.)
7. Please be aware that as part of our enrolment process you are required to provided CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR ID for us to verify identify and comply with audit requirements.
What you get
An interim certificate that can be used to apply for a permanent competency card to work in NSW.
The knowledge and skills required to safely sell alcohol and minimise any potential harm that may arise because of this
A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency SITHFAB201
What you learn
The course involves better business practices, legalities & responsibilities, facts about alcohol, monitoring the premises and case studies and examples for dealing with alcohol related issues.