What You Learn
· Hygiene and behaviour in laboratory and best use of gelato set equipment.
· Milk based flavours, sorbets and gelato with inclusions and variegations.
· Fundamental understanding of how to make gelato.
What You Get
· Certificate of attendance.
· Booklet & Uniform.
· Hands on training.
Materials to Bring
Participants are requested to wear flat, enclosed, rubber soled shoes for comfort and safety in the kitchens. To ensure food safety procedures are followed, long hair should be tied back and all unnecessary jewellery removed.
The Artisan Gelato, Introductory Course is designed for those who need to learn the basic of gelato making and get a better understanding of the gelato industry. Following the genuine Italian tradition in gelato making, the lesson content is developed in accordance with the market demand that requires competences and skills to be successful in the business.
The course is also addressed to those who are already in the gelato business and need to increase their competences or need to train staff members. Each session is limited to a small group of participants to enable a hands-on environment.
You will learn all about:
- Gelato: what is it?
- Raw materials.
- Recipe formulation.
- Milk-based flavours.
- Water-based flavours: sorbets.
- Gelato with inclusions and variegations.
- Hygiene and behaviour in laboratory.
- Best use of gelato set equipment: how to maximize your investment.
This course is presented by Carpigiani Gelato (CGU) & Majors Group and is held at the Majors Group Training Centre in New Zealand (8/930 Great S Rd, Penrose Auckland 1061, New Zealand)